Pages

Family Room Part Three


Well the stars finally aligned... I was home, it was sunny, and there weren't Lego's on every surface so I was able to take some more pictures of our family room and kitchen.


We ended up putting the doors back on the big Welsh dresser because I needed it for storage of some not so attractive things. We put our television on the left side and I had Neal make some folding doors to hide it when need be.


I hung an old mirrored cabinet that I picked up at a local antique store for $10 on the wall in the small space between the rooms.






I absolutely love our new family room and I especially love the fact that when I am in the kitchen, which is a lot of the time, my son is right there in the family room playing. I used to have run back and forth to check on him while I was making dinner but not anymore.











I haven't really made any changes in the kitchen but I thought I would take some pictures anyways. I have a new bowl that I am quite smitten with, I got it from Vintage Abbey Road on Etsy, it's one of my favorite shops. 


I repainted our kitchen cupboards last week, they were in desperate need of a fresh coat of white paint. I painted them the same "Swan White" in semi-gloss by Glidden that I painted the trim and ceiling. I changed the drawer pulls while I was at it, I bought the same ones I have on the other cabinets by the sink, they are from Lowes. 


Don't you just love the pig cutting board, I bought him at a thrift store for $1.00 years ago. That was the best thrift store ever, always full of antiques but it since closed down sadly. Everything I bought for our first house and lots of stuff in this house too came from that thrift store. 














Some new things in my cupboard are the cow painting I found at the thrift store and a cute little clock from Target. I don't know about you guys but I am dying for flea market/yard sale season to start, my mental "want to find" list is growing by the day! I know I said the same thing last Spring but this always happens to me this time of year, I start to go through withdrawal:) 


Okay I promise to start showing pictures of other rooms again:) Our next renovation project is the small bathroom off of the kitchen but that won't begin until late Spring early Summer. Neal is a lacrosse official and the season has officially started so he will basically just sleep here for the next two months. So any house improvements happening for awhile will be things that I can do all on my own. People Neal works with always say to him "doesn't your wife just hate lacrosse season"? The truth is I love it because it's the time of year that I can get the most done in a day! 


Speaking of getting things done I need to do about a million things today that I better get to...happy Friday! 



Postingan terkait:

Belum ada tanggapan untuk "Family Room Part Three "

Post a Comment